Learn from the past, connect with the present, create our future.
Auburn Primary School is a friendly, caring school community. Our motto: Learn from the past, Connect with the present, Create our future, acknowledges the value we attribute to our history while recognising the necessity to equip students with the skills and knowledge to successfully participate in a rapidly changing world.
We offer a balanced and comprehensive program of learning and we are committed to providing a safe, caring environment for every student. Parents are actively encouraged to be partners in the learning process and are vital to the strong sense of community for which Auburn is renowned in the local area. We work hard to foster a strong sense of community and belonging, and welcome prospective families to book a tour and get to know our school.
Within an enthusiastic, caring, friendly, child-centred learning environment, our school strives to ensure that all children will:
- be happy in themselves and enjoy coming to school
- become confident, successful, self-motivated, independent lifelong learners
- have high, but realistic expectations of themselves and others
- be literate, numerate and confident to take their place in a complex technological world
- be responsible learners empowered to make decisions that positively affect their lives and society
- work co-operatively with their peers and other members of the school community
- be tolerant, respectful and appreciative of people and their differences.
Our school philosophy is enacted through:
- A Strategic Plan and Annual Implementation Plan that put students at the centre
- Community consultation
- Staff professional development and induction processes
- Ongoing curriculum development
- Parent and family support structures
- Connect Groups – weekly vertical pastoral care sessions
- Policies that support the school’s strategic direction
- Processes such as Professional Learning Teams which plan collaboratively to identify and address students’ learning needs.
At Auburn Primary School, we aim to offer a balanced and comprehensive learning program, building on a strong foundation of literacy and numeracy, as well as a broad range of specialist learning areas. Learn more about our approach to Teaching & Learning here.