Families wishing to enrol their children during the school year are encouraged to contact our enrolment officer, Natalie Grummitt. Natalie works Wednesday to Friday and can be contacted by email auburn.ps@education.vic.gov.au or phone, +61 39882 7032.

The Department of Education has a statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline. The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Auburn Primary School.

You can find information and resources about the enrolment timeline at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)

Book a tour of the school

Prospective families are invited to personally tour our school with one of our Principal class staff. A tour will provide you the opportunity to see our school in action, meet some of our students and staff, and ask any questions you may have regarding the school.
Tours conducted in term 2 and 3 can be booked using the Book a Tour link below.

How to enrol

Step 1

Check your eligibility with ‘Find My School’

Eligible children residing in the Auburn Primary School zone have the right to be admitted to our school.  This is determined by your permanent residential address, please refer to the Find My School website to determine your designated neighbourhood school (school zone).

If you reside outside our school zone then you are still encouraged to apply however we can only offer your child a placement if capacity exists.

Step 2

Register and complete an online enrolment application by Friday 26 July 2024. This must be submitted with the following supporting documents:
1. Current, up to date Australian Immunisation Register Statement
2. Evidence of full name and birth date (birth certificate preferred)
3. Evidence of residential address (rental agreement, contract of sale, utility bill etc)
4. Australian entry VISA (if applicable)

We will notify you of the outcome of your application, by Friday 9 August 2024.

Overseas Students – Refer to International Student Program (ISP)

Further information regarding the enrolment process, try our FAQ’s below and Enrolment Policy.


What are the school fees?

School fees vary from year to year.   Refer to current Parent Payments under the OUR COMMUNITY tab.

Read less

Is Auburn Primary School zoned?

Your child has the right to attend their designated neighbourhood school. All Victorian Government schools in Metropolitan Melbourne, and some regional areas, including Auburn Primary School, have a boundary which is referred to as a zone.  This zone can change slightly year to year, due to the needs of a suburb, including the creation of new schools. You can check which primary and secondary school you are zoned to by going to https://www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au.

You can find further information about school zones at https://www.education.vic.gov.au/parents/going-to-school/Pages/zones-restrictions.aspx

Read less

Does Auburn Primary School accept out of school zone enrolments?

If capacity exists, YES we accept out of zone enrolments.  Capacity varies year to year.  If you want to apply as an out of school zone applicant, we encourage you to do this as soon as possible. An assessment of our capacity to accept out of zone applicants occurs early August.
Consideration of out of zone enrolments is at the discretion of the Principal who under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 will identify whether there is sufficient accommodation for the child at that school at the time.

Read less

When do I need to enrol my child?

We ask that enrolments are submitted by early term 2 (April/May) in the year before your child starts school.  Submission of your enrolment by that date will ensure your child will be able to actively participate in all transition activities including visits to their kindergarten by Auburn Primary School staff, and transition sessions at the school held from early Term 4.

Read less

How do I enrol my child?

Refer to our Enrolment Page.

Enrolment forms can be picked up from the school office or emailed to you.  They will also be provided following a tour.

Supporting documents will also be required including:

  • Proof of birthdate eg. birth certificate or passport
  • Immunisation Certificate
  • Proof of residential address eg. lease agreement, utility invoice, contract of sale
  • Evidence of Temporary Visa Status (if relevant).

Read less


51 Rathmines Rd Hawthorn East VIC 3123Google map

Auburn Primary School acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the lands that are used by the School, and we pay our respects to their Elders past, present, and emerging.